Unified Payments Interface (UPI)
Unified Payments Interface (UPI) is a system that powers multiple bank accounts into a single mobile application (of any participating bank), merging several banking features, seamless fund routing & merchant payments into one hood. It also caters to the “Peer to Peer” collect request which can be scheduled and paid as per requirement and convenience.
How is it unique?
- Immediate money transfer through mobile device round the clock 24*7 and 365 days.
- Single mobile application for accessing different bank accounts.
- Single Click 2 Factor Authentication – Aligned with the Regulatory guidelines, yet provides for a very strong feature of seamless single click payment.
- Virtual address of the customer for Pull & Push provides for incremental security with the customer not required to enter the details such as Card no, Account number; IFSC etc.
- Bill Sharing with friends.
- Best answer to Cash on Delivery hassle, running to an ATM or rendering exact amount.
- Merchant Payment with Single Application or In-App Payments.
- Utility Bill Payments, Over the Counter Payments, Barcode (Scan and Pay) based payments.
- Donations, Collections, Disbursements Scalable.
- Raising Complaint from Mobile App directly.
UPI - Benefits to the Ecosystem participants
Benefits for banks:
- Single click Two Factor authentication
- Universal Application for transaction
- Leveraging existing infrastructure
- Safer, Secured and Innovative
- Payment basis Single/ Unique Identifier
- Enable seamless merchant transactions
- Round the clock availability
- Single Application for accessing different bank accounts
- Use of Virtual ID is more secure, no credential sharing
- Single click authentication
- Raise Complaint from Mobile App directly
- Seamless fund collection from customers - single identifiers
- No risk of storing customer’s virtual address like in Cards
- Tap customers not having credit/debit cards
- Suitable for e-Com & m-Com transaction
- Resolves the COD collection problem
- Single click 2FA facility to the customer - seamless Pull
- In-App Payments (IAP)
Benefits for end Customers:
Benefits for Merchants:
“BHIM CORP UPI” App
“BHIM CORP UPI” is a UPI based app for instant fund transfer to any bank account
Corporation Bank offers UPI application for the customers of all the banks in India to register in the app and link their accounts. Customer shall be able to pay to beneficiary having valid Virtual Payment Address (VPA) or Account Number & IFSC and can initiate collect money request to any valid VPA which could be like xxxx@corp .
Make payments easier using Send Money & Collect using Receive Money in BHIM CORP UPI by Managing all your accounts in a single app.
What are the requirements for using UPI?
You should have following:
- An android phone with internet services
- An operative bank account
- The mobile number being registered with UPI, must be linked to the bank account.
- Active debit card with valid ATM PIN relating to this account for creating UPI PIN.
How do I register in the BHIM CORP UPI app?
App will request to send an SMS to verify your mobile number. The SMS should be sent from the mobile number registered with the bank accounts.
After your mobile number is verified, the New Registration screen is displayed. Fill in the required details.
Create four digits numeric PIN to login the app.
Features of BHIM CORP UPI App:
- Any Bank account holder can use the BHIM CORP UPI app to make payments from their mobile to anyone
- You can add multiple bank accounts on the BHIM CORP UPI payment app
- You can perform instant fund transfer using UPI ID (VPA) to any bank account
- You can link the beneficiaries just by using their UPI ID (VPA) or their IFSC/ACCOUNT NUMBER
- Fund transfers are instant, 24*7, 365 days and absolutely free of cost and take place in a completely safe and secure way
- You can also check the balance of your linked accounts
How does BHIM CORP UPI work?
- Download the BHIM CORP UPI app from Google Play Store
- Select your preferred bank account
- Create a unique ID (for example – yourname@corp or yourmobilenumber@corp)
- Verify your account & set a UPI PIN
How to send money?
- Enter payee VPA or enter A/c+IFSC or select Beneficiary
- Enter amount
- Confirm payment by entering UPI PIN
- Also use Scan & Pay option to make the payment
How to receive money or Collect money?
- Enter the VPA of payer or select the VPA Beneficiary
- Enter amount
- Receive money when payer approves the money request on his/her app
The new and improved interface allows you to manage your beneficiaries, pay to VPA, Account/IFSC and QR Codes.
Features supported by the application:-
- Send Money
- Receive Money
- Balance Enquiry
- Manage Accounts
- Manage Virtual Address
- Manage Beneficiary
- Approve Request
- UPI PIN Management
- Transaction Status & Complaint
- User profile management
- Scan & Pay / Generate QR code
Core transaction functionality
- Send Money
- Receive Money (Payer approval requires through UPI application)
General Business Rules Governing BHIM CORP UPI Service
The following Business rules will apply to the UPI SERVICE offered by the Bank:
|BHIM CORP UPI app||USSD|
|Amount Per transaction||Amount Per Day||Amount Per Transaction||Amount Per Day|
|During Cooling period *||5,000||5,000||5,000||5,000|
|After Cooling period||50,000||1,00,000||5,000||5,000|
* Cooling period is applicable whenever customer fetches his account freshly in any UPI app or whenever customer sets/resets fresh UPI pin for his account. In cooling period, customer needs to initiate a transfer amounting Rs.5000 or below. Cooling period ends 24 hours after initiation of the first transaction.
|Pay||Collect (authorise)||Collect (initiate)|
|10 transactions per day (pay and collect cumulative)||No limit||10 transactions per day (pay and collect cumulative)||No limit||5 requests per day||No limit|
Please note that above limits are applicable for pay and collect requests together. Per day or per month limits will be based on consolidated count of pay and collect requests
Entering the wrong OTP/UPI PIN more than three times will block the BHIM CORP UPI app.
Any change in the business rules of any of the processes will be notified on Bank's website www.corpbank.com, which will be construed as sufficient notice to the Customer.
To avail BHIM CORP UPI service, customer should have an active debit card linked with Bank account with at least one transaction done recently.
The Customer can request for termination of the Facility by using deregister option provided in BHIM CORP UPI app or by calling call center 18004253555.
Bank may also terminate or suspend the services under the Facility without prior notice if the Customer violates the terms and conditions laid down by the Bank or on the death of the Customer when brought to the notice of the Bank.
Corporation Bank (hereinafter called “the Bank”) has agreed to process transactions initiated by customer via the Bank’s electronic Banking Platform presently offered or introduced in future. Customer understand that there are inherent risks involved in the said transactions. Customer acknowledges that he/she is fully aware of the best practices to be adopted while conducting electronic transactions and understand that :
- Electronic transactions are susceptible to a number of frauds, misuse, hacking or other actions which could affect instructions to the Bank, causing loss to them
- Compromise of confidential details may result in third persons accessing my electronic banking channels and conducting transactions from their account
- In the event of any inaccuracy while filling of applicable data for transfer and other transactions, the funds could be transferred to incorrect accounts
Bank is providing the said Services at their sole risk and:
- Customer hereby agrees and confirms that all risks shall be fully borne by them and he/she assume full responsibility for the same and he/she will not hold the Bank liable for any losses or damages including legal fees arising upon the Bank on account of the electronic transactions initiated by me, either expressly or implied.
- Customer hereby fully indemnify the Bank, its assigns, successors, employees, or any other person whomsoever acting under the Bank’s authority or control against any costs, losses, damages, litigation, action, proceeding, expenses (including Attorney’s fees), judicial orders of any kind, or any payments of whatsoever nature made or any cost however incurred, whether directly or indirectly, remotely or otherwise, resulting from the Bank processing such Transactions.
- Furthermore, the customer hereby irrevocably and unconditionally agree that in addition to any general lien or similar right to which the Bank may be entitled by law, the Bank may at any time and without notice to the customer combine or consolidate all or any of their other deposits and accounts with and liabilities to the Bank in any currency that may at any time be in possession of the Bank and set off or transfer any sum or sums standing to the credit of any one or more of such accounts or deposits in or towards satisfaction of any claim made against the Bank or loss suffered by the Bank as a result of or pursuant to the Bank processing such Transactions
- Customer’s obligation herein shall not be reduced by any claim by him/her against the Bank, its assigns, successors, employees, or any other person whomsoever acting under the Bank’s authority.
- This Indemnity shall be a continuing obligation in respect of any and all matters connected to or arising from the Bank processing such Transactions. This Indemnity shall remain valid and in full force from the date of its execution hereof until the Bank issues a letter discharging the customer from his/her obligations herein
- This Indemnity shall be construed in accordance with the laws of India.