Collection of Personally Identiﬁable Information and other Information:
When you use BHIM Corp UPI application, we collect and store your personal information provided by you from time to time. We do so to ensure that you are provided a safe, efﬁcient, smooth and seamless experience. This also allows us to understand your needs and provide for services and features that best suit them. We strive to provide for customizations on our application to ensure that your experience is always safer and easier. This requires collection of personal information to the extent necessary for achieving this purpose and objective.
You may please note that it is mandatory to register yourself in order to use BHIM Corp UPI app. And once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. We may automatically track certain information about you based upon your behavior on our app to the extent we deem ﬁt.
If you choose to transact on BHIM Corp UPI app, we collect information about your transaction behavior. We collect some additional information, such as a billing address, details of recipient or payer of the transaction, location, etc. which may be used for providing better experience to you while using the App.
If you choose to provide information by way of messages on our message boards (as & when available) and/or chat rooms or any other message areas or if you prefer to leave feedback, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes in terms of transactions and otherwise, where needed, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law. We collect personally identifiable information (email address, name, phone number etc.) from you when you register with us to create your unique identification in terms of a Virtual Payment Address and/or any other unique registration identification that is/shall be made available to our customers.
Use of Demographic / Proﬁle Data / Your Information :
We use personal information to provide the services you request. We use your personal information to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; Send money, collect money; measure consumer interest in our products and services and we may use this information to keep you apprised on any online and ofﬂine offers, products, services, and updates that shall be made available for use of our customers. We use the information thus obtained to customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our terms and conditions which are an integral part of the use of this application; and as otherwise described to you at the time of such collection.
We identify and use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our app. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
Sharing of personal information:
BHIM Corp UPI app has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control and follows the best practices in the industry in this regard. Whenever you change or access your account information, it is through secure channels. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
OMNIBUS INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
Corporation Bank (hereinafter called “the Bank”) has agreed to process transactions initiated by you via the Bank’s electronic Banking Platform presently offered or introduced in future. You understand that there are inherent risks involved in the said transactions. You hereby acknowledge that you are fully aware of the best practices to be adopted while conducting electronic transactions and understand that :
- Electronic transactions are susceptible to a number of frauds, misuse, hacking or other actions which could affect instructions to the Bank, causing loss to you
- Compromise of confidential details may result in third persons accessing your electronic banking channels and conducting transactions from your account
- In the event of any inaccuracy while filling of applicable data for transfer and other transactions, the funds could be transferred to incorrect accounts
Bank is providing the said Services at your sole risk and:
- You hereby agree and confirm that all risks shall be fully borne by you and you assume full responsibility for the same and you will not hold the Bank liable for any losses or damages including legal fees arising upon the Bank on account of the electronic transactions initiated by you, either expressly or implied.
- You, hereby fully indemnifying the Bank, its assigns, successors, employees, or any other person whomsoever acting under the Bank’s authority or control against any costs, losses, damages, litigation, action, proceeding, expenses (including Attorney’s fees), judicial orders of any kind, or any payments of whatsoever nature made or any cost however incurred, whether directly or indirectly, remotely or otherwise, resulting from the Bank processing such Transactions.
- Furthermore, you, hereby irrevocably and unconditionally agree that in addition to any general lien or similar right to which the Bank may be entitled by law, the Bank may at any time and without notice to you combine or consolidate all or any of your other deposits and accounts with and liabilities to the Bank in any currency that may at any time be in possession of the Bank and set off or transfer any sum or sums standing to the credit of any one or more of such accounts or deposits in or towards satisfaction of any claim made against the Bank or loss suffered by the Bank as a result of or pursuant to the Bank processing such Transactions
- Your obligation herein shall not be reduced by any claim by you against the Bank, its assigns, successors, employees, or any other person whomsoever acting under the Bank’s authority.
- This Indemnity shall be a continuing obligation in respect of any and all matters connected to or arising from the Bank processing such Transactions. This Indemnity shall remain valid and in full force from the date of its execution hereof until the Bank issues a letter discharging you from my obligations herein
- This Indemnity shall be construed in accordance with the laws of India.